Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Nothings and ROW80 Check in

So, it's Sunday today. I've got nothing profound or prophetic to say today. So sorry to disappoint you all.

Here's a few tidbits to tide you over until I come up with witty.

NYT's bestseller James Rollins tweeted my Friday post to his 15,000+ followers on twitter. This paltry, little, nothing rag of a blog. To say I was surprised and shocked doesn't cover it! Thank you sir, big shout out to you!

Speaking of Friday's post, I'm thinking about taking one of those random thoughts I shared and making a full entry on the subject. I need to do some research and hammer down all the nails first. Keep watching for it.

* * *

My Round Of Words 80 Sunday check in:
I've hit my goals for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. In fact, I've exceeded my daily goal (500 words) every day so far for this challenge. some days as by as little as 6 words, and by as many as 402 for last night! This last is encouraging, because on Monday the goal jumps from 500 to 750/daily.

I'm already seeing that what I've written this week is going to need massive editing/rewrites/details filled in. I have a vague idea of what the scenes should be and how they fit into the story, but I'm mostly pantsing them right now. What the heck, it's a first draft right?

Pantsing won't cut it next week with longer word goals. I need something a little more concrete to build on. I want to map out a route for the week this afternoon.

Comments always welcome.
.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the tweet. That's big.

    I've stopped being a pantser because I realized how much extra editing time it was causing. I get tired of being organized though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'm writing right now is draft zero-level. Maybe draft -1. LOL There's a balance. I've found if I plan too much ahead, I know exactly how things re happening, and I'm less inclined to write it. It's the journey of discovery along the way I like the most. I can have a road map and still stop to see the attractions.

    Thanks for stopping in. :)

    ReplyDelete